Locating veins is critical for many medical procedures that require vein access or avoidance. These procedures include IV starts, blood draw, sclerotherapy, general and cosmetic surgery. AccuVein is the industry leading vein illumination device that facilitates locating peripheral vasculature by displaying a map of the vasculature directly on the patient’s skin.
The Cost of Failed Attempts
- Intravenous therapy may not begin promptly;
- Surgeries can be delayed due to a lack of access;
- Physician intervention to access a difficult vein can erode productivity;
- Patients may endure unnecessary needlesticks and additional discomfort;
- Patients may bruise or develop a hematoma, requiring additional healing time without optimal placement of incision site or injection;
- Stress may increase for both patients and staff.
An Essential Tool
Application In A Variety Of Surgical Procedures
Vein Locator Features
- Easy to learn and use – No pre-use calibration or adjustments are necessary- it can be used immediately.
- Small size –The device fits in your hand and weighs only 10 ounces.
- Hands-free option –In situations that require hands-free use, the device can be placed in a wheeled hands-free accessory or one that quickly attaches to a chair or bedrail.
- No patient contact –Because the device has been designed to be non-contact, sterilization after every use can be avoided.
- Works in light or dark –Use the device in light or darkly lit environments.
- Rechargeable battery –The device doesn’t need to be plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Movement tolerant –Because the device shows the veins in real time, when operated properly, the device can accommodate patient movement.