Medical Imaging Devices
While technology is constantly advancing, sometimes the medical imaging devices created can be too complicated to be useful to a significant number of people. The AccuVein is a breakthrough medical imaging device that is easy to use and is quickly becoming an indispensable tool for all health care professionals who perform venipuncture procedures. Small and portable, the AccuVein is a medical imaging device that allows you to quickly find a patient’s vein without undue hassle or trauma to the patient. This can be particularly helpful for those patients with difficult venous access (DVA). By simply holding the AccuVein about seven inches above the skin, the vasculature is clearly displayed on the surface of the skin. Medical imaging device technology has finally provided a tool that can save valuable time for nurses and patients.
Soon to become one of those trusted medical imaging devices found in every doctor’s office, the AccuVein has a variety of features you will appreciate:
- Point and click – By simply aiming the portable medical imaging device at an area of skin and clicking a button, you can locate the veins beneath the skin’s surface.
- Small size – Unlike other bulky medical imaging devices, the device weighs only 10 ounces and slips easily into the pocket of scrubs or uniforms when not in use.
- Hands-free options – The AccuVein can quickly attach to a chair or bedrail for hands-free use. There is also a hands-free accessory on wheels.
- Non-contact – This medical imaging device may not require sterilization between uses, as the device was designed not to come into contact with the patient.
- Works in light or dark – Whether in bright or dark lighting conditions, the device effectively locates veins.
- Rechargeable battery – Since the AccuVein medical imaging device has rechargeable batteries, it doesn’t need to be plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Real world ruggedness – This medical imaging device was specifically designed to take the wear and tear of hospital and field applications.
- Movement tolerant – As the AccuVein shows the veins in real time, this medical device can accommodate patient movement, when operated properly. This is a critical feature for venous access procedures performed on children and restless or combative patients.
For more information about the AccuVein medical imaging device, contact us at 816-997-9400 or fill out the information in the Call Me Now box at the right and you will receive a call back from an AccuVein representative.
Note: The AccuVein should only be used by qualified medical professionals and only in conjunction with appropriate visual and tactile vein assessment techniques. AccuVein does not recommend that the device be held by a practitioner when performing an IV insertion.