Chief Operating Officer
Full Time (Salary)
Summary of Position
AccuVein is looking for a Sr. Manager of Engineering/ Sr. Principal Engineer to oversee and support all Engineering for the organization. Lead strategy development/execution and continuous improvement deployment for Sustaining Engineering at AccuVein. Provide strategic vison and tactical direction to meet Accuvein’s goals for quality, compliance, service, cost, and responsiveness to exceed customer expectations.
- Alignment with and support of AccuVein Manufacturing site and CM (Contract Manufacturing) teams to maintain ongoing product availability, quality, stability, compliance, and cost
- Identify and drive to completion large scale value improvement projects related to product/process design changes, sourcing initiatives, supplier development and strategic product transfers
- Work closely with Quality Assurance, Regulatory, Sales, Marketing, and the final customer to troubleshoot field complaints and product design issues and provide and execute appropriate actions
- Some travel to manufacturing sites and supplier visits required
Drive Cost Savings Program and Value Engineering
- Implement Value Engineering Program
- Establish Cost Savings Program – Drive 1-2% Standard to Standard Reduction
- Improve Throughput Yield of Product
- Manage Capital & Asset Program
- Product Redesign to Improve Reliability and Reduce Cost
Implement Playbooks (Lessons Learned and Best Practices)
- Product Transfer
- Global Footprint Management – Life Cycle
- Tooling Development and Management
- Automation/Capital Development and Management
- Attract, develop, and retain a high-performance staff
- Coach, motivate and foster professional development of direct reports
- Coach and mentor cross functional employees as a wider effort to sponsor and raise the bar of performance
- Ensure all employees adhere to safety policy procedures
- Build technical competencies (infrastructure and resources) to meet the needs of the Business
- Provide leadership and direction to improve overall product quality, customer service and value-stream efficiency
- This position will support all engineering requirements for past, current, and future new products
- Understanding of optical properties of scanning laser systems including beam shaping, splitting, spatial frequency, losses
- Capability to design optical system of high-speed scanning device from concept to execution.
- Possession of a designated level of technical engineering skill or knowledge and the ability to keep up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise. Possession of knowledge of medical device statutes/codes/regulations, including program procedures, methods and practices and their application to specific situations.
- Knowledge of and ability to use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions and/or reaching conclusions. Ability to make decisions and take action consistent with available facts, constraints, and anticipated consequences. Ability to identify issues, obtain relevant information, relate, and compare data from different sources, and identify alternate solutions.
- Ability to communicate, in written and oral form, detailed and technical engineering information, guidelines and standards/statutes/codes/regulations to various audiences to ensure that they understand the information and the message, and to seek compliance. Ability to deliver presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience such as negotiating solutions among different parties.
- Ability to Identify, develop, and analyze engineering designs and/or specifications; plans and methods. Identifies and plans for resources. Approves engineering designs and/or program/project specifications of other engineers/design professionals to meet desired compliance with engineering principles, standards, statutes, codes, regulations, and design. Monitor and ensure program/project meets specification and design. Negotiates design changes.
- Demonstrated skills and abilities to coordinate, facilitate, and participate in a collaborative approach to the completion of tasks or assignments.
- Ensure all project work elements are coordinated – this area includes project planning & execution processes.
- Ensure timely completion of strategic projects, including activity (task) definition planning, estimating, and controlling costs so that projects can be completed within the approved budget, including resource planning, cost budgeting and sequence processes.
- Ensure the result of a project meets the needs for which the project was executed; includes quality planning, assurance, and control.
- Organizing and managing the project team; including training, aligning on project objectives and goals, defining roles in the project, and assigning project team members to those roles.
- Identify, analyze, and properly respond to project risks (opportunities and threats).
- Manage and monitor supplier performance and quality control activities.
Education and Experience
- BS in Engineering or related degree
- 15 years’ experience in Operations or Engineering which includes leading multidisciplinary Engineering teams. Must have a solid understanding of Engineering, Project Management, Lean Principals, Six Sigma, Financial Acumen, Medical Device Regulatory Approval, Product Transfers and Talent Development. Must be able to manage internationally and across multiple cultures
- Experience developing scanning and imaging systems
- Strong planning, organizational and leadership skills
- Track record of successfully managing people and projects
- Excellent interpersonal and influence management skills
- Ability to balance customer, operational and business requirements to meet company and project deliverables
- Sets the standard for timeliness, work ethic and personal integrity
AccuVein values our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits. We work to maintain the best possible work environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person can feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
AccuVein Inc. is the global leader in vein visualization. AccuVein’s flagship product, the AV500, was released in 2019, making it the latest in vein illumination technology. It is built on proprietary technology as embodied in the company’s growing patent portfolio, which currently consists of over 50 issued patents, covering a broad range of imaging and medical diagnostic technologies. AccuVein is now the standard of care in many facilities around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.