Displaying Veins Beneath the Surface
This hand-held medical device is a must-have for every emergency medical technician. Hold the AccuVein device above the skin and the veins are illuminated against the surrounding tissue.
Features of vein illumination with AccuVein’s breakthrough device:
- Easy to learn and use — Just click to locate the veins beneath the skin.
- Small size — The device is easily handheld and weighs only 10 ounces.
- Movement tolerant — Because the device shows the veins in real time, the device can accommodate patient movement when used properly, a critical feature for venous access procedures performed by EMS personnel.
- Hands-free option — The device can convert from hand held to hands-free quickly and easily.
- Non-contact — Because the device is non-contact, the device may not require sterilization between uses.
- Works in light or dark — The device effectively locates veins under light or dark lighting conditions.
- Rechargeable battery — Use of the device is not limited to the proximity of an electrical outlet.
- Instant on — Just push a button and the device immediately helps to locate veins.
The Vein Illumination with AccuVein – A Medical Device That is Useful with a Variety of Patients
Venipuncture can be particularly challenging in some patients. Those with difficult venous access (DVA) can include:
- The elderly;
- Dark-skinned patients, whose veins may not be visible;
- Obese patients, whose veins may not be visible or palpable;
- Agitated or restless patients
- Burn victims
- Oncology patients on chemotherapy
In fact, every patient being triaged in the stressful environment of emergency medical services presents circumstantial challenges when it comes to finding a suitable vein.
Emergency medical personnel who try vein illumination with AccuVein’s breakthrough device will want to use it to assist with every draw and IV start. Let’s face it, when patients need emergency care there’s already enough stress on both ends of the needle without having to struggle to find a vein. For elderly care, this is a huge improvement, say for instance you have an alert device for your home that your elderly family member has alerted, decreasing response time initially. The technology used for elderly care is changing and becoming more advanced as the years continue. Some families find that supplying an easy to use emergency phone for seniors gives them and their loved ones a peace of mind, knowing that they are just a phone call away if there is ever an emergency situation. With the addition of AccuVein, response time to medical emergencies can be decreased even further, while also being able to continue with efficient medical care.
For more information on this new advancement in medical device technology please contact us at +1 (816) 997-9400.