Vein Finder Displays Veins Beneath the Surface
Vein illumination with AccuVein’s breakthrough device can aid healthcare professionals in finding a good vein for venipuncture. Simply hold the device above the skin, and the vasculature is displayed on the surface of the skin. Easy to use, these vein finders may save valuable time for both nurses and patients.
- Point and click – Simply aim the portable vein finder at an area of skin and click to locate the veins beneath the skin’s surface.
- Small size – The device weighs only 10 ounces and is easily handheld. When not in use, it’s small enough to carry in the pocket of scrubs or uniforms.
- Hands-free option – In situations that require hands-free use, the device quickly attaches to a chair or bedrail.
- Non-contact – Because the device has been designed not to come into contact with the patient, the device may not require sterilization between uses.
- Works in light or dark – The device effectively locates veins under light or dark lighting conditions.
- Rechargeable battery – The device doesn’t need to be plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Real world ruggedness – Designed to take the wear and tear of hospital and field applications.
- Movement tolerant – Because the device shows the veins in real time, the device can accommodate patient movement, when operated properly, a critical feature for venous access procedures performed on children and restless or combative patients.
Portable Vein Finder Is Useful With a Variety of Patients
- The elderly;
- Dark-skinned patients, whose veins may not be visible;
- Obese patients, whose veins may not be visible or palpable;
- Patients having many diagnostic or therapeutic intravenous procedures;
- Burn victims;
- Agitated or restless patients;
- Oncology patients on chemotherapy;
- Drug abusers.